General Corona measures valid as of April 16, 2022
- FFP2 mask obligation only in highly vulnerable areas (e.g. hospital), in public transport including bus stops and in customer areas of vital trade (e.g. pharmacies and food retail).
- Thus, there is no general obligation to wear FFP2 masks indoors, but only a recommendation to wear an FFP2 mask.
- In contrast to mass transportation, there is also no FFP2 mask requirement for the use of coaches, excursion boats, cable cars and rack railways.
The 3G rule as an access restriction in night catering, stand-up catering and bar operations is abolished.
- The validity period of the third vaccination is increased to 365 days - (i.e. from nine to twelve months).
- The obligation to appoint a COVID-19 representative and to prepare and implement a COVID-19 prevention concept will only apply to gatherings of more than 500 people (instead of 50 people).
- At the place of professional activity, stricter regulations may be provided in justified cases to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
- In addition to the federal framework, the states may enact stricter regulations as they have in the past.
- The measures will initially be in effect until July 8, 2022
Information on the measures in effect will be continually updated at